Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Goodbye UNI, I'm going H-O-M-E

Thursday, July 31st

Just talked to my "team". We're hoping I can go home this weekend! I have another ECT in the morning, and if things go well I may be home Saturday or Sunday. My social worker is going to call Jason, so I'll talk to him tonight! I am nervous to go back, because there are a lot of responsibilities I don't think I'm quite ready for.

Karleah has taken on so much the past 2 weeks, I am in awe of the young woman she has become! I'm worried about the bills getting paid, the food getting prepared, the kids having what they need. I'm trying to take things in baby steps, not jump in all at once. There is so much involved in being a mom! For now, I'm praying for peace and patience as I prepare to go home. 

Friday, August 1st

I can't believe I've been here almost 2 weeks. Today's ECT went smoothly. My sweet hubby will be here later today to meet with my medical team, and make a plan for me to go home. I'm nervous to take on all my old responsibilities again. I feel so blessed to have Karleah helping while I've been in the hospital. I've never felt so much love and support in my life!

As of right now, the plan is to go home tomorrow after lunch! I feel like I am finally getting the hang of life here in UNI, and I'm going to leave! I'm so scared to step back into being a mom. I don't know if I'm really ready. I'm tired of being away from home, away from my kids, away from work. But I'm even more afraid of going back to the old life, where I was when this all started.

I missed Judy's funeral, I have missed so many things with my kids, I need to get back to reality. Even though it's scary...…. I am so incredibly proud of Karleah. She has really taken a lot on, and I can't possibly express all the gratitude in my heart! She is just a kid! My mom has helped a ton, too [she even potty trained TJ!] but Karleah is only 17!!

No comments:

Post a Comment